Tennis Academy Years 7- 12
The Middle Years Tennis school (MYTS) was established in 2005 to enable gifted athletes to combine their goals in tennis with a comprehensive and stimulating education.
Students who are accepted into the full senior program can choose to manage their workload by completing their VCE over three years.
Senior Students complete either a full time (replaces two subjects/electives) or part time (replaces one subject/electives) tennis program at the college. All sessions are run by qualified Tennis Australia coaches.
Student courses can be tailored for US College scholarship eligibility.
Students in the program participate in the following:
- Drill sessions which concentrate on skills and technique development with a 1:4 student/coach ratio
- Squad training which focuses on match play and game styles
- Fitness, weight training and recovery which concentrates on strength conditioning, fitness and agility
- Activities off court that encourage team building, social skills and initiative
- Fitness tests which are completed at the beginning and end of each year
- A physiotherapy screening and monitoring process
- A sports psychology program to enhance performance
- Nutrition program run by qualified dietician
All sessions are conducted by qualified Tennis Australia or strength and conditioning coaches as appointed.
The Tennis teams play in the School Sport Victoria (SSV) and the Tennis Australia Teams events when applicable.
Students are encouraged to play in a variety of local, State, National and International tournaments.
The College also has an ongoing relationship with the Indigenous Sports Foundation and Evonne Goollagong Cawley. As part of this the College has a number of indigenous students completing a combined academic and tennis program.
Academic requirements (GPA)
Students are required to maintain a GPA (Grade Point Average) above 2.0.